Aussois is 8 km away from Modane, a small town reached by train or bus connections. Information about transportation may be found on the website of the Tourism Office in Aussois.
Lyon, Geneva, and Grenoble international airports are within 200 km from Aussois:
- travel from Geneva airport, by train with a correspondance via Geneva main station to Chambéry, or by bus by a direct connection to Chambéry (see Aerocar bus website),
- travel from Lyon airport, by direct bus connection to Chambéry (see Altibus website),
- travel from Grenoble airport, by bus via Grenoble railway station to Chambéry, or directly to Aussois (see Altibus website).
Modane is located on the international train line linking Paris, Lyon (ca. 2 h direct connection from Lyon Saint Exupery airport leaving at 9:49, 12:35 and 16:35) and Torino. We recommend planning train travels with the help of the Swiss Railway website. You may also get information from the French Railway website, though this website usually does not propose travels having more than one connection.
Taxi are available from the Modane railway station to Aussois. The fare should be between 30 and 60 euros depending on the size of the coach. In case no taxi is found in Modane railway station, here below is a list of taxis which may be called:
- Donadio Frédéric / +336 0899 1013,
- Taxi Vanoise / +334 7905 0893,
- Alpes Taxi Geoffret / +336 1133 4142,
- Taxi D Terrien / +336 8036 0423,
- Taxi Fellmann / +336 0840 3460,
- Taxi Jean-François Gros / +336 6038 0123,
- Hello Taxi Max / +336 8990 7749.
View Larger Map
Modane may be reached by car via the A43/E70 (arriving from France) or the Frejus tunnel (arriving from Italy). Immediately after going through the center of Modane, turn left at a roundabout in direction of Aussois (crossing a bridge), then drive 7 km. In the center of Aussois, follow the signs to "Solliéres-Sardiére". Before reaching the end of the Aussois village, turn left towards the "Centre Paul Langevin". The map below details the last stage of the travel.